Step out with us!
Cairns City Walking Tour
The only city in Australia's wet tropics and the last city on the east coast of Australia, Cairns has a unique and colourful history. On the Cairns Walking Tour you will learn of the Aboriginal owners of the streets we'll walk through, and meet the diverse peoples lured to the tropics by fortune, adventure, opportunity or desperation.
On the walking tour your guide will point out the historic buildings, natural sights and special places that make Cairns home. The tour will include Cairns port and waterfront, Esplandade, CBD and marina.
At the Cairns Museum you can dig deeper into the tales of our city or you can simply put your feet up and relax on this city’s best tropical verandah.
Entry to the Museum is included in your Cairns City Walking Tour ticket.
Tours runs every Saturday at 8am - 10am
Christmas 50% Discount!
- Adults $16.50 / Museum & Society Members $10
- Children $8.50 / Museum & Society Members $5
- Family $41.50 / Museum and Society Members $25
- All bookings attract a booking fee of 30c
Before you book:
- The Cairns Walking Tour is a 90-minute, outdoor walk through the streets of Cairns, plus entry and introduction to the Cairns Museum.
- You must be fit enough to walk 1.7 kilometers at a moderate pace in a hot and humid environment.
- Bring a water bottle, hat and sunscreen.
Tours leave Saturday mornings at 8am sharp. Your guide will meet you at the Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal. Please arrive at the terminal by 7.55. Look for your guide and the Cairns Museum flag.
The tour will finish at the Cairns Museum, two blocks from the Cairns Esplanade and one block from Rusty's Markets.
Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to departure in order to receive a refund.