CAIRNS HISTORICAL SOCIETY
The Cairns Museum is owned and operated by the Cairns Historical Society.
The Cairns Museum and the Cairns Historical Society Research Centre are located in the Cairns School of Arts building, in the heart of the Cairns CBD. The Society’s extensive archival and photographic collections are open to anyone with a research interest in Cairns or Far North Queensland. If you have an interest in history, you should get in contact.
From the 17 December 2021, all visitors aged over 16 will be required to show proof of vaccination to enter the Cairns Historical Society & Cairns Museum.
Bookings are required to visit the Research Centre and access the collection. Email research queries are welcome.
Research Queries or Research Centre Booking
Interested in joining?
Learn about history.
The Cairns Historical Society is a membership organisation. Your annual membership helps pay for the materials we need to develop, conserve and interpret our nationally significant collection
- 12 months free access to the Research Centre
- 12 months free entry to the Cairns Museum
- Monthly bulletins of local history
- Bi-monthly newsletters to keep up to date with Society matters
- Early-bird reservations for events and workshops
- Invitations to all CHS and Museum exhibitions, talks and excursions