We are delighted to let you know that the Cairns Museum and Cairns Historical Society Research Centre will be reopening on June 22nd from 10am - 4pm.
After our extended period of closure, we’re looking forward to reconnecting in person with our Cairns community.
We’ve missed you!
All areas of the Museum will be accessible as usual.
We will however ensure our business operations are in line with the advice from the Queensland Government and the Queensland Chief Health Officer.
- Please do not visit the Museum or Society if you have any symptoms potentially consistent with Covid-19
- Hand sanitiser is available for use at the entrance to the Museum
- Staff and visitors are asked to respect physical distancing directives
- Visitor numbers will be restricted to 20 people
- Additional cleaning of high-touch surfaces is being carried out
- Visitors may be turned away to prevent overcrowding
- We will be using a booking system for our Research Centre - please call us on (07) 4051 5582 or email ahead so we can manage social distancing and hygiene protocols
Collecting contact details
Museums around the country are required to collect contact details of all visitors (staff, visitors and contractors) who are in the building longer than 15 minutes. These details are being collected to assist with contact tracing in the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 and will be handled in line with the relevant privacy act
Thank you for staying with us during these unique and challenging weeks of isolation.
We have loved connecting with you all online and will continue to offer online activities, resources and services for you to enjoy - whether you're back home or visiting, we are here for you.
Normal Opening Hours
- Monday to Saturday
- 10am - 4pm
The Museum is an All Person Access attraction.
The Museum is closed on the following holiday dates in 2020:
- January 1
- April 10 (Good Friday)
- December 25-26
The Cairns Museum is two blocks walk from Cairns Esplanade and the Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal
- Cnr Lake and Shields Streets, Cairns
- (located within) Cairns School of Arts building
- Adult: $15
- Child (under 14): $6
- Family (2 parents or grandparents + 2 kids): $30
- Concession: $12
- Members: FREE
Local Annual Passes
(including Cairns Historical Society Membership)
- Individual: $27
- Family: $44
- Student: $22
Prices valid to April 2020